Link to the University of Waterloo home page  

 Undergraduate Studies Academic Calendar


Other Applicants

Letters of Permission

A Letter of Permission allows a student to take courses at another university that may be considered for credit towards their degree at their home university, subject to faculty or program approval and regulations.

Students from other universities intending to study at the University of Waterloo on a Letter of Permission must initiate the process through their home university's Registrar's Office. The incoming Letter of Permission application must be complete by the deadlines for each term and your approved letter of permission should arrive to Waterloo no later than one month prior to the start of term. Class enrolment is always subject to space availability in the course(s) requested.

Waterloo students looking to take course(s) at another university should complete the outgoing Letter of permission form and obtain approval from their academic advisor in advance of the application deadline at the host institution. Please email the Registrar's Office or call 519-888-4567, ext. 32268 if you are unable to access this PDF form.


Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519 888 4567

contact us | UWaterloo home | privacy | powered by InterGlobal Solutions