Link to the University of Waterloo home page Advanced Search or
The Undergraduate Calendar

Faculty of Science

Faculty Information and Regulations

Letters of Permission
Printable Version Printable Version

Students in satisfactory or higher academic standing, whose total number of transfer credits is less than the maximum permitted, may be allowed to take courses at another university during a term off campus to count for credit towards a degree. A student wishing to do so must complete the Letter of Permission form and have it approved by the program advisor before enrolling at the other university. The Letter of Permission must be obtained before taking the course(s).

The third year of the General Science plan, and the fourth year of all Honours academic plans in Science must generally be completed at the University of Waterloo. However, in exceptional circumstances, up to 2.5 units in the final year may be completed on a Letter of Permission.

A course taken on a Letter of Permission will be given credit as long as the grade obtained is 60% or better. No grade will be assigned.


Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519 888 4567

contact us | UWaterloo home | privacy | powered by InterGlobal Solutions