Advisor: Senior Advisor, Science Undergraduate Office
Continuation in Honours Science requires a cumulative overall average of 60% and a cumulative average of 60% in all Faculty of Science courses.
In order to graduate in the Honours Science Academic Plan, the following requirements must be met:
- Successful completion of 21.0 units, with a cumulative overall average of 60%, and a cumulative average of 60% in all Faculty of Science courses. Of the 21.0 units that are required:
- at least 19.0 units must be lecture units; maximum number of labs usable is 2.0 units.
- at least 12.0 units must be Faculty of Science units. The maximum number of labs that can be used is 2.0 units. At least 8.0 of the 12.0 must be at or above the 200-level. At least 4.0 of the 8.0 other than any "SCI" -labelled courses must be at the 300- or 400-level.
- At least 1.0 unit must be in Mathematics (i.e., ACTSC, AMATH, CM, CO, CS, MATH, PMATH, STAT (not MATH 103, or any COMM or MTHEL courses)
- No more than 5.0 failed units are allowed.
- No more than 3.0 "SCI"-labelled units may be applied to the Academic Plan, exclusive of SCBUS 122, 123, 223, 323, 423, 424, 425 and SCI 237.
- Completion of the English Language Proficiency requirement.
- The Admissions Committee may approve part-time status through the Centre for Extended Learning, in this plan for mature students if other commitments (e.g., employment) prevent full-time study. Approval will not be granted unless appropriate laboratory experience has been gained at the post-secondary level, through employment, or unless such experience will be gained during the degree.
5.0 lecture units plus any related lab units.
At least two of 1., 2., 3., or 4. must be taken:
- Two 100-level Biology courses plus labs, exclusive of BIOL 112;
- CHEM 120/123 Physical and Chemical Properties of Matter/Chemical Reactions, Equilibria and Kinetics plus labs;
- EARTH 121/122 Introductory Earth Sciences/Introductory Environmental Sciences plus labs;
- PHYS 111/112 Physics 1 and 2 plus labs or PHYS 121/122 Mechanics, and Waves, Electricity and Magnetism, plus labs, or PHYS 121/112, Mechanics/Physics 2, plus labs.
Any 100-level Biology courses taken beyond the 1.0 unit used as a First-Year Science requirement will be counted as 200-level Biology courses exclusive of BIOL 112.
Years Two, Three, and Four
Normally, 3.0 or 4.0 Science units, plus electives, are taken in each of Years Two, Three, and Four.