All Bachelor of Arts (BA) students must meet the BA Breadth Requirements:
|Fine, Performing, and Communication Arts
||DAC, DRAMA, FINE, MUSIC, SPCOM, VCULT
||CLAS, ENGL, HIST, MEDVL, PHIL, RS
|Languages and Cultures
||CHINA, CROAT, DUTCH, EASIA, FR, GER, GRK, ITAL, ITALST, JAPAN, JS, KOREA, LAT, POLSH, PORT, REES, RUSS, SI, SPAN. See Note 3 below.
||ANTH, ECON, PSCI, PSYCH, SDS, SOC. See Note 1 below.
||AFM, APPLS, ARBUS, ARTS, CMW, HRM, HUMSC, INTST, IS, LS, NATST, PACS, SMF, SOCWK, WS. Also any course taken in another University of Waterloo faculty. See Note 4 below.
- No more than one academic course unit (two courses) in the same discipline may count towards the Social Sciences requirement.
- Cross-listed courses may be designated to fulfill any one requirement. For example, a student registered in PACS 203/HIST 232 may receive credit for either the Transdisciplinary Studies requirement or the Humanities requirement, but not for both.
- Language courses accepted as transfer credits, including courses in American Sign Language, may be counted towards the Languages and Cultures requirement.
- Because Professional Development (PD) courses are not regular academic courses, they do not fulfill any of the breadth requirements.
- For students enrolled in an Arts degree program prior to September 2008, refer to the Group A and B requirements. Those students who wish instead to adhere to the new Breadth Requirements (effective September 2008) do so by petition to the Examinations and Standings Committee.