Link to the University of Waterloo home page Advanced Search or
The Undergraduate Calendar

Academic Information

Grades and Academic Standing

Non-Degree Term
Printable Version Printable Version

A student may use this one non-degree term to meet the specified criteria for readmission into any program in the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences, another faculty at the University of Waterloo, or another academic institution. Normally, no further non-degree terms will be granted.

Students requesting readmission or transfer to another faculty within the University of Waterloo must clarify admission requirements with an academic advisor from that respective faculty. Written proof of stated conditions must be indicated and accompany the application for readmission.

If, following the term of non-degree studies, a student is granted readmission into a program in the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences:

  • The student’s cumulative overall and major (plan specific) averages will be cleared – that is, grades achieved in all previous course work will not be counted in the calculation of cumulative averages.
  • All previous University of Waterloo course attempts and grades will remain on the student’s mark reports and transcripts.


Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519 888 4567

contact us | UWaterloo home | privacy | powered by InterGlobal Solutions