Link to the University of Waterloo home page Advanced Search or
The Undergraduate Calendar

Academic Information


Printable Version Printable Version

School of Public Health and Health Systems graduates receive either an Honours Bachelor of Science degree in Health Studies or an Honours Bachelor of Public Health degree. Department of Kinesiology graduates receive either an Honours Bachelor of Science degree or a General Bachelor of Science degree. Department of Recreation and Leisure Studies graduates receive either an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree or a General Bachelor of Arts degree. Studies in Gerontology lead to a Minor in Gerontology or an Option in Aging Studies in conjunction with any type of honours or four-year general degree, or a Diploma in Gerontology for students not currently enrolled in University of Waterloo degree studies.

Graduates who have pursued their studies in the co-operative (co-op) system of study and who have successfully completed a minimum of four work terms, a minimum of four professional development (PD) online courses, and a minimum of four work-term reports, and who remain registered in the co-operative system, will have the co-operative designation noted on their diploma.

Students accepted to professional programs who wish to return and complete their Bachelor of Science degree, must consult with the academic advisor for a pre-approved plan of study before attending professional school.


Office of the Registrar
University of Waterloo
2nd Floor, Needles Hall
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
519 888 4567

contact us | UWaterloo home | privacy | powered by InterGlobal Solutions